Vice-chair of IRR Council of Management and a former barrister who specialised in immigration, refugee and human rights law until her retirement in 2008. She co-edited Macdonald’s Immigration Law and Practice (5th edition, 2001, 6th edition 2005) and Halsbury’s British Nationality, Immigration and Asylum (4th edition, 2002 reissue). She lectures part-time at Warwick University and Birkbeck College and speaks and writes on migration and human rights issues. She is currently working on a book, Borderline justice: the fight for refugee and migrant rights (Pluto, October 2012).
- How refugee and migrant solidarity groups are confronting the hostile environment (February 8, 2018)
- The Angiolini Review: hope for families let down by the system (November 1, 2017)
- What guarantees? The Brexit proposals on EU citizens’ residence (June 28, 2017)
- Respecting the dead (June 15, 2017)
- How many Irene Clennells? The criminalisation of family life in May’s Britain (March 9, 2017)