Vice-chair of IRR Council of Management and a former barrister who specialised in immigration, refugee and human rights law until her retirement in 2008. She co-edited Macdonald’s Immigration Law and Practice (5th edition, 2001, 6th edition 2005) and Halsbury’s British Nationality, Immigration and Asylum (4th edition, 2002 reissue). She lectures part-time at Warwick University and Birkbeck College and speaks and writes on migration and human rights issues. She is currently working on a book, Borderline justice: the fight for refugee and migrant rights (Pluto, October 2012).
- Anti-Semitism – thought or deed? (April 21, 2016)
- The inversion of accountability (April 7, 2016)
- Migrant journeys: respecting the dead (November 19, 2015)
- ‘Hotspots’ for asylum applications: some things we urgently need to know (October 8, 2015)
- Detained Fast Track: how to reform structural injustice? (July 16, 2015)