Vice-chair of IRR Council of Management and a former barrister who specialised in immigration, refugee and human rights law until her retirement in 2008. She co-edited Macdonald’s Immigration Law and Practice (5th edition, 2001, 6th edition 2005) and Halsbury’s British Nationality, Immigration and Asylum (4th edition, 2002 reissue). She lectures part-time at Warwick University and Birkbeck College and speaks and writes on migration and human rights issues. She is currently working on a book, Borderline justice: the fight for refugee and migrant rights (Pluto, October 2012).
- From Windrush to Covid 19: another scandal in the making (March 26, 2020)
- The Queen’s Speech: setting the ‘public’ against its ‘enemies’ (January 16, 2020)
- Ian Macdonald 1939-2019 (November 14, 2019)
- Johnson’s immigration policies: hostile chaos? (August 30, 2019)
- Why we should we wary of the modern slavery agenda (June 6, 2019)