Vice-chair of IRR Council of Management and a former barrister who specialised in immigration, refugee and human rights law until her retirement in 2008. She co-edited Macdonald’s Immigration Law and Practice (5th edition, 2001, 6th edition 2005) and Halsbury’s British Nationality, Immigration and Asylum (4th edition, 2002 reissue). She lectures part-time at Warwick University and Birkbeck College and speaks and writes on migration and human rights issues. She is currently working on a book, Borderline justice: the fight for refugee and migrant rights (Pluto, October 2012).
- Fighting Europe’s racisms (April 11, 2013)
- NHS takes over immigration detention health care (April 4, 2013)
- Immigration detention: more evidence of contempt for the mentally ill (April 4, 2013)
- Human rights challenge to Glasgow evictions (January 31, 2013)
- Indifference to asylum seekers’ property (January 31, 2013)