Vice-chair of IRR Council of Management and a former barrister who specialised in immigration, refugee and human rights law until her retirement in 2008. She co-edited Macdonald’s Immigration Law and Practice (5th edition, 2001, 6th edition 2005) and Halsbury’s British Nationality, Immigration and Asylum (4th edition, 2002 reissue). She lectures part-time at Warwick University and Birkbeck College and speaks and writes on migration and human rights issues. She is currently working on a book, Borderline justice: the fight for refugee and migrant rights (Pluto, October 2012).
- Why we should we wary of the modern slavery agenda (June 6, 2019)
- Entrenching hierarchies: the new immigration white paper (January 24, 2019)
- IRR statement on Stansted 15 verdict (December 11, 2018)
- Review of ‘The UK border regime’ – a goldmine for activists (December 6, 2018)
- Anti-racism and progressive values (September 7, 2018)