Vice-chair of IRR Council of Management and a former barrister who specialised in immigration, refugee and human rights law until her retirement in 2008. She co-edited Macdonald’s Immigration Law and Practice (5th edition, 2001, 6th edition 2005) and Halsbury’s British Nationality, Immigration and Asylum (4th edition, 2002 reissue). She lectures part-time at Warwick University and Birkbeck College and speaks and writes on migration and human rights issues. She is currently working on a book, Borderline justice: the fight for refugee and migrant rights (Pluto, October 2012).
- Data protection: suppressing official wrongdoing (August 9, 2018)
- The spiralling dynamic of fear – and how to fight it (June 7, 2018)
- The ‘Windrush generation’ retreat and the hostile environment (April 19, 2018)
- Stansted 15 face trial (March 8, 2018)
- How refugee and migrant solidarity groups are confronting the hostile environment (February 8, 2018)