How violent is Britain?
May 16, 2014
‘How Violent is Britain?’ is a one-day conference bringing together campaigners, academics, key public figures and journalists to explore how we should tackle institutional state and corporate violence in Britain.
- Friday 16 May 2014, 9.30-5pm
- Department of Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology, University of Liverpool
- Moazzam Begg – Cage Prisoners
- Alan Brecknell – Pat Finucane Centre
- Jon Burnett – Institute of Race Relations
- Deborah Coles – INQUEST
- Carol Duggan – Justice Campaigner
- Becca Fisher – Corporate Watch
- Joanna Gilmore – Northern Police Monitoring Project
- Barry Goldson – University of Liverpool
- Rachel Halford – Women In Prison
- Will McMahon – Centre for Crime and Justice Studies
- Hilda Palmer – Families Against Corporate Killers
- Joe Sim – Liverpool John Moores University
- Steve Tombs – Open University
- David Whyte – University of Liverpool
Download a flyer
See the conference website here
Registration: £20 Waged, £5 Low Income.