Parliament roundtable on racism and hate crime
April 16, 2018
22 April marks the 25th anniversary of the racist murder of Stephen Lawrence in 1993. This parliamentary forum aims chart a remarkable journey over this period – from the senseless and brutal murder to the BREXT state.
- Monday 16 April 2018, 2-5pm
- Committee Room 10, House of Commons, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA
- Imran Khan QC – solicitor for Baroness Lawrence
- Dr Aaron Winter
- Tony Murphy – solicitor for Bijan Ebrahimi family
- The Monitoring Group
- Institute of Race Relations
- Migrant Rights Network
- Northern Ireland Race Equality Council
- Society of Black Lawyers
- Rotherham 12 Campaign
- Plus others to be announced
The meeting has been organised by The Monitoring Group with help from Naz Shah, Member of Parliament for Bradford West. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the entry to the meeting is strictly via prior booking. To reserve your seat, please fill in the eventbrite page. You will then receive an email from us confirming your booking. Due to security arrangements, entry into parliament can take time, please ensure that allow yourself at least 40 minutes to gain entry into the House of Commons and the walk to the Committee Room.