We welcome discussion of the content published by IRR News and welcome debate and dissent. But we also seek to provide a platform that is constructive, inclusive and safe, that encourages discussion and dialogue, that is not self-promoting and generates respect for others. Therefore:
- We will remove content that contains racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech or contributions that could be interpreted as such.
- We would consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening, eg personal attacks on authors, other users or any individuals or other forms of mindless abuse.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, eg because it is potentially defamatory, or could be construed as incitement to commit an offence, or is a potential breach of copyright.
- We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spamlike – including comments which are used to advertise material, promote another website, or republish previously published articles, without adding substantively to the quality of the discussion on the site.
- While we of course welcome the exchange of views, which includes criticism of the articles we publish, we will remove comments from those who persistently misrepresent the IRR and/or the writers on IRR News.